Monday, April 30, 2007

Nutrition For Your Fatigue

Its getting down to the last two weeks of half marathon training. Sunday our running club ran the whole race course. I ran the course building up to tempo pace the last 6 miles. I took a gel at the three water stops. I finished feeling pretty well. I averaged 7 flat for the 13 mile course. I feel that I am going to peak for a very good race.

After the training run I continued my use of EAS Race Recovery. I feel that the race recovery drink is making a difference with my fatigue nutrition. Each day I feel recovered for the next day's run.

I visited for a half hour or so and went home to start my fatigue nutrition. After my shower I had a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and bananas, and a multi vitamin. For lunch I had a tuna sandwich and yogurt with a banana. Supper was chicken with pasta, green beans, and a bagel. I also drank two 32 oz glasses of water throughout the day.

Today is a total rest day. I consumed quite a bit of food today. I was hungry all day long. I feel that yesterdays effort really depleted my food stores.

Breakfast- cheerios with strawberries, coffee

Snack- 32oz Gatorade

Lunch- tuna and vegetables, water

Snack- oatmeal cookies, coffee

Supper- chicken, pasta, mixed vegetables, bagel, water

Snack- bowl of cheerios with a banana

Tomorrow I am going to run very easy to my body more time to recover.

No comments: