Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Important Things I Do Everyday

I believe in routines. I think that they are the building blocks of success. The daily routine that I am about to discuss has worked for me. I hope it will help you as well.

Each morning I begin my day with an hour of meditation. Meditation prepares my mind and body for the events of the day. I have been practicing meditation for approximately a year and a half. I use the Holosync system offered by Bill Harris. I used to be a total a-hole before I started using these CDs. My family has noticed quite a change in my personality. I will continue this for the rest of my life.

On the days when I do not run in the morning I have a good breakfast. Breakfast to me is the best time of the day. I just love to eat oatmeal with fruit and granola. Other days I will have fruit and yogurt or raisin bran with a bagel and honey.

Through out the day I drink plenty of water. I make a conscious effort to drink at least 64oz of water in addition to the sports drinks that I consume before and after my workouts.

Tell my wife and son that I love them. As important as running and exercising is for me, nothing is more important than my family. I am so blessed that my wife always supports me in my running. Every Sunday morning for 10 years Johnna has provided water stops for all of my long runs.

Eat as nutritionally as I can through out the day. It takes a little time and effort to eat right. But boy does it make a difference in the way that I feel. I still cheat a little. I love sweets, cookies are a favorite. I just try to limit the amounts that I eat. Usually a cookies couple per day.

Take time to relax and enjoy life. Something as simple as sitting on the back porch and listening to the birds and animals always makes me feel good. As hectic as life can be I always take a few minutes every day to count my blessings and give thanks for those around me.

Curt
http://www.fatiguenutrition.com

No comments: